MACON, Ga. – Mercer (2-5) won its second straight home match over the Colgate Raiders on Tuesday afternoon at Five Star Stadium. Three Bears recorded three goals apiece to lead Mercer to the 16-10 win.
HOW IT HAPPENED
Mercer started out on a high note, scoring four consecutive goals courtesy of Sami Van Slyke (2), Caroline Kerr (1) and Kendall Garrett (1). The two teams exchanged goals before the Raiders had a 4-0 run to tighten the score to 8-6. Slyke and Hagerty found the back of the net one more time, stretching the Bears' lead 10-6 before the end of the half. Mercer began the second half with a 5-1 run, including goals by Garrett, Hailey Rhatigan, Catie Snee and Kerr (2). Thorn notched the last Mercer goal of the day before Colgate recorded the final two points.
- Sami Van Slyke, Kelly Hagerty and Caroline Kerr all scored three goals each. The three Bears also combined for 17 shots, eight ground balls, one caused turnovers and two draw controls.
- Iseabal Cryne totaled nine saves off of 30 shots.
- Hailey Rhatigan and Kendall Garratt found the back of the net twice. Lily Morin, Catie Snee and Eva Thorn notched one goal each, respectively.
- Thorn led with a game-high tree assists.
- Hagerty and Cryne led with a game-high four ground balls a piece.
- Natalie Sannes registered a career-high and game-high three caused turnovers.
- Michaela Lucas and Morin recorded four draw controls each for a game-high.
- Mercer: 2-5
- Colgate: 2-5
Mercer will close out its five-game home slate by hosting Kennesaw State on Tuesday, March 19 at 5 p.m. before traveling to Rock Hill, S.C. to challenge Winthrop on Saturday, March 23 at 1 p.m.