MACON, Ga. – Mercer (3-5) won its third-straight home match of the season over in-state foe, Kennesaw State Tuesday afternoon. Three Bears recorded at least five goals each to lead Mercer to the 20-9 win.
HOW IT HAPPENED
Despite Kennesaw State scoring the first two goals, Mercer jumped back with a 9-0 run including goals by Hailey Rhatigan (4), Kelly Hagerty (2), Eva Thorn (2) and Sami Van Slyke (1). Mercer's run was broken up by an Owl goal before finishing the half with three more goals.
Thorn jump started the second half, scoring her third goal of the game before the Owls generated their own back-to-back goals. The Bears closed out the second half with a 6-4 run, including goals by Kendall Garrett (2), Thorn (2), Hagerty (2) and Rhatigan (1) to take the 20-9 win.
- Hailey Rhatigan recorded a career-high six goals off 13 shots, while also adding one caused turnover and one ground ball.
- Kelly Hagerty and Eva Thorn both notched five goals each.
- Kendall Garrett, Sami Van Slyke and Catie Snee all registered two assist each.
- Audrey Robertson led the Bears in both ground balls (6) and caused turnovers (6).
- Micaela Lucas totaled a game-high eight draw controls.
- Iseabal Cryne tied her career-high 14 saves after facing 27 shots.
- Mercer: 3-5
- Kennesaw State: 2-6
Mercer will travel to Rock Hill, S.C. to challenge Winthrop on Saturday, March 23 at 1 p.m.