Sept. 28 (Saturday)
*ETSU at Furman (Nexstar/ESPN+), 1 p.m.
*Wofford at VMI (ESPN+), 1:30 p.m.
*The Citadel at Samford (ESPN+), 3 p.m.
*Western Carolina at Chattanooga (ESPN+), 4 p.m.
Campbell at Mercer (ESPN3), 7 p.m.
* Southern Conference game
ESPN3 and ESPN+ are available on Roku
Nexstar affiliates for this week's Ingles SoCon Game of the Week
• Four Southern Conference games highlight Saturday's five-game schedule, with The Citadel and Chattanooga playing their league openers and Mercer hosting Campbell in the lone nonconference contest.
• Also on the slate, the Ingles SoCon Game of the Week features ETSU visiting Furman in a contest between two of the three SoCon champions from last season, while VMI hosts Wofford in a game that pits the league's second-most prolific passing team (284.2 yards per game) vs. its most prolific rushing offense (312.7 yards per game), respectively.
• Furman earned its first league win on Sept. 21, piling up exactly 600 yards of total offense in a 45-10 win over Mercer. The Paladins rolled up 410 rushing yards, with Devin Wynn running for 99 yards and Corey Watkins running for 97 and a pair of touchdowns.
• Wofford ran for 489 yards in its 49-10 win over Gardner-Webb on Sept. 21, while its defense held the Runnin' Bulldogs to just 9 rushing yards. The Terriers accumulated 575 yards of total offense on the day, highlighted by quarterback Joe Newman's 155 yards on the ground and 67 yards through the air.
• Wofford's and Furman's rushing totals from the weekend are the top two marks in the league so far this season, as are their total offense totals.
• Wofford kicker Luke Carter was 7-for-7 on PAT attempts against Gardner-Webb, pushing his career mark to 100-for-100. His streak of 100 consecutive makes is good for third in league history, 24 back of second-place Tom Openlander of Marshall (1994-96).
• The Citadel earned a 22-13 win over Charleston Southern on Sept. 21. Redshirt junior quarterback Brian Murdaugh threw for 81 yards and a touchdown and ran for 76 yards in his first career start, while junior linebacker Willie Eubanks III recorded three straight tackles inside the 1-yard line in a goal-line stop on the Bucs' final drive.
• Samford won its second straight game to even its seasonal record on Sept. 21, downing Alabama A&M 55-21. QB Chris Oladokun threw for 250 yards and three touchdowns and ran for a career-best 95 yards, freshman running back Jay Stanton ran for 116 yards and two scores, and junior wide receiver Montrell Washington had 263 all-purpose yards, including six catches for 127 yards and a score and 120 yards on five kickoff returns. Junior linebacker John Staton recorded a career-best 15 tackles in the win.
• ETSU downed Austin Peay 20-14 on Sept. 21, getting a game-sealing interception from Artevius Smith with the Governors driving with one minute left.
• VMI quarterback Reece Udinski has yet to throw an interception this season, as he is 105-for-179 through four games. Udinski's streak of 179 passes without an INT is the fourth-longest in a season in SoCon history, three passes better than former Appalachian State QB Armanti Edwards's streak of 176 in 2008 and just four back of former Samford QB Devlin Hodges's streak of 183 in 2017 and six in arrears of App State's DeAndre Presley's streak of 185 in 2010. Furman's Braniff Bonaventure set the SoCon single-season record of 203 straight passes without an interception in 1996.
• Furman remained No. 15 in the AFCA FCS Coaches' Top 25 this week and rose one spot to No. 16 in the STATS poll. The Citadel is No. 25 in the STATS poll for the second straight week.
• Mercer redshirt senior defensive lineman Dorian Kithcart was named a semifinalist for the 2019 William V. Campbell Trophy® Presented by Mazda, The National Football Foundation & College Hall of Fame (NFF) announced Wednesday.