* Southern Conference game
ESPN3 and ESPN+ are available on Roku
Nexstar affiliates for this week's Ingles SoCon Game of the Week
• The Ingles Southern Conference Game of the Week features league-leading Chattanooga visiting preseason SoCon favorite Wofford in a showdown crucial to both teams' title hopes.
• The Mocs sit alone atop the league standings at 3-0 after posting a 16-13 win over ETSU on Thursday, Oct. 17. Freshman running back Ailym Ford ran for 200 yards and two touchdowns, falling two yards shy of the school freshman rushing record. For his efforts, Ford was named the STATS FCS National Freshman of the Week.
• Wofford won its fourth straight game Saturday, Oct. 19, downing Western Carolina 59-7 to move to 3-1 in SoCon play, just a half a game behind the Mocs in the standings. Terrier quarterback Joe Newman accounted for four touchdowns against the Catamounts, running and throwing for two each. Newman, Irvin Mulligan and Jacquez Allen all ran for more than 100 yards, while D'mauriae VanCleave caught four passes for 112 yards and a TD and returned a punt 87 yards for a score.
• The Citadel handed then-No. 8 Furman its first league loss of the season over the weekend, picking up a 27-10 decision to knock the Paladins to 3-1 in SoCon play and into a tie for second with Wofford in the standings. The Bulldogs showcased a suffocating defense in the win, holding the Paladins to just 216 yards of total offense, a season low.
• Furman will play its 500th SoCon game in program history when it visits Western Carolina on Saturday. The Paladins are 274-214-11 all-time and trail just VMI (519) and The Citadel (516) in number of SoCon games played.
• Mercer running back Tyray Devezin, back at full strength after an ankle injury suffered earlier this season, ran for 193 yards and a touchdown in the Bears' 34-27 win over VMI on Oct. 19. Devezin's rushing total was good for the second-best in school history and was just nine yards shy of JaTarri Donald's record 202 yards against Davidson in 2013. Defensive back Harrison Poole had a school-record five pass breakups in the contest, surpassing the program record of three held by multiple players.
• VMI quarterback Reece Udinski continued his record-breaking junior campaign with a 26-for-46 showing against Mercer, pushing his streak of consecutive passes without an interception to 344 to surpass the FCS single-season and career records of 342 set by Portland State's Jimmy Blanchard in 1999. Udinski has thrown for 14 TDs and a league-best 2,314 yards so far this year.
• Furman dropped six spots in the national polls to No. 14 in both the AFCA and STATS rankings this week. Chattanooga and Wofford are receiving votes in both polls, while The Citadel is receiving votes in the STATS poll.
• Samford and Furman are 1-2 in the FCS in punt return defense, with the Bulldogs allowing -4.50 yards per return and the Paladins allowing just -0.29.
• Wofford leads the FCS in rushing offense at 369.0 yards per game.
• The Citadel leads the FCS in time of possession at 36:03 per game.
UTC's Ford named STATS FCS National Freshman of the Week (10/21/19)
SoCon announces football players of the week presented by GEICO (10/21/19)
Saturday's football roundup (10/19/19)
Chattanooga edges ETSU (10/17/19)