CHARLESTON, S.C. – The Citadel mixed and women's rifle teams competed against No. 5 Navy Sunday morning at the Inouye Marksmanship Center. The 22nd-ranked Bulldogs of the mixed team posted a score of 4481, while the Bulldog women recorded a 3616. The Midshipmen ended the morning with an aggregate score of 4668.
Navy swept the top seven spots in the individual aggregate scores led by Gabriella Mayes' 1173. Senior Alexander McAlear was the highest finishing Bulldog with an eight-place 1128. Freshman Cameron Bates finished ninth with an 1119 and won the tiebreaker over sophomore Emily Perkins who also fired off a 1119.
- Mayes claimed top honors in three-position smallbore with a 580, two points ahead of teammate Mark Amdahl in second.
- McAlear fired off a seventh-best 564 to lead the Bulldogs with Bates close behind with a 556 in eighth.
- Max Brabston finished ninth in smallbore with a 552, while Perkins and Brandon Oerman rounded out the scoring for the Bulldogs. Perkins shot a 543 to place 11th, and Oerman finished 12th with a 536.
- For the women's team, Tierra Price recorded a 511 to lead Demi Perez and Victoria Krone.
- Perez shot a 491 and Krone turned in a 489.
- In air rifle, it was once again Navy's Mayes claiming top honors, this time with a five-shot lead over Amdahl. Mayes turned in a 593 compared to a 588 by Amdahl.
- Perkins led the way in air rifle for the 'Dogs with an eighth-place 576.
- McAlear finished second on the team and ninth in the field with a 564, while Bates rounded out the top 10 with a 563.
- Brabston finished the air rifle portion of the day with a 563 and Oerman finished 12th with a 556.
- Perez was the top finisher for the Bulldog women, firing off a 553, while Price finished with a 532 and Krone turned in a 529.
- Taylor Swiger finished her day with a 511.
The Citadel will host Jacksonville State and North Georgia next weekend. The Gamecocks and Nighthawks will take on the Bulldogs on Saturday, Nov. 2. On Sunday, Nov. 3, the Bulldogs will be back in action against JSU in a head-to-head match.