2016 Outdoor Track & Field Championships
May 12-13 • Catamount Athletic Complex • Cullowhee, N.C.
Western Carolina swept the 2016 Southern Conference Outdoor Track and Field Championships, handily winning the men’s title and pulling out a back-and-forth women’s title in the final event at the Catamount Athletic Complex. The title sweep was the Catamounts’ first since 2013.
Western Carolina’s men finished with 245 points, 93 ahead of runner-up VMI, which entered the final day in fourth place but finished with its best finish in school history. The Catamount women finished with 255 points, a scant 3.5 ahead of Samford’s 251.5. VMI’s Jordan White was named the men’s Most Outstanding Athlete, while WCU’s Hailey Cook and Samford’s Sarah Sanford tied for the women’s award.
For more information on SoCon outdoor track & field, check out the Southern Conference outdoor track & field record book.
- Free admission
- Western Carolina campus
- Campus map
- Area attractions:
- What to see and do in Jackson County, N.C.
- Review of past championships:
- 2015 2014 2013 2012 2011 2010
- Participating institutions (men):
- CIT // ETSU // FUR // UNCG // SAM // VMI // WCU // WOF
- Participating institutions (women):
- CIT // ETSU // FUR // MER // UNCG // SAM // UTC // VMI // WCU // WOF