2018 SoCon Wrestling Championship
March 3 • McAlister Field House • Charleston, S.C.
Appalachian State claimed the 2018 Southern Conference Wrestling Championship on Saturday, picking up a pair of individual titles and three NCAA berths, claiming coach of the year and most outstanding wrestler honors in the process.
Appalachian State paced the field, scoring 110 points. Chattanooga, which came in second, totaled 88 points. The 2017 champion, Campbell, was third with 63 points, followed by SIUE (62), The Citadel (30.5), Gardner-Webb (21), VMI (15.5) and Davidson (13).
Appalachian State’s John Mark Bentley was named the league’s coach of the year after leading his program to its second title in three seasons and a perfect 7-0 conference dual mark.
Forrest Przybysz earned the Pinnacle Award, given to the student-athlete with the highest GPA on the championship-winning team. A senior from Jefferson, Georgia, Przybysz is pursuing his MBA and holds a 3.87 grade point average.
- Doors open at 9 a.m. Competition begins at 10 a.m. Championships finals start at 7 p.m. with awards to follow.
- All rounds of the championship will be streamed live for free on the SoCon Digital Network. Live results updates can be found at TrackWrestling.com
- Adults: $15
- Youth (6-12): $10
- Groups of 10 or more: $8 each
- Students from Southern Conference schools, including wrestling associate member schools, free with school ID.
- $3 off ticket price with the donation of a food item at the door
- Review of past championships:
- 2017 2016 2015 2014 2013 2012 2011 2010
- Participating institutions:
- APP // CAM // CIT // DAV // GWU // SIUE // UTC // VMI