Chattanooga, Tenn. –
No. 1 Furman 4, No. 8 UNCG 0
No. 4 Chattanooga 4, No. 5 Mercer 0
No. 2 ETSU 4, No. 7 Wofford 0
No. 3 Samford 4, No. 6 Western Carolina 2
- Furman and Chattanooga each advanced to the semifinals with 4-0 wins. The Paladins have advanced out of the quarterfinals with 4-0 wins the past three years while the Mocs will return to the semifinals after falling in the first round last year.
- With its 4-0 win, Furman has advanced to the semifinals every year since the tournament moved to the individual format in 1998.
- Samford has reached the semifinals in each of the last five tournaments.
- ETSU swept Wofford, 4-0, on Friday afternoon to advance to the semifinals. The Bucs have advanced to the semifinals every year since rejoining the league. ETSU has also advanced to the championship match every year since rejoining.
- All four higher seeds advanced to the semifinals for the sixth consecutive year. The combination of ETSU, Furman, Chattanooga and Samford have been in the semifinals three of the past four years.
- Furman, ETSU and Samford have each won a SoCon Championship in the last three seasons while Furman is looking to repeat as tournament champions.