Chattanooga, Tenn. –
No. 1 ETSU 4, No. 5 Samford 0
No. 3 Furman 4, No. 2 Mercer 1
- With a 4-0 win over Samford, ETSU has advanced to the championship match for the fourth consecutive year. The Bucs are seeking their fourth straight tournament championship, a feat that has not been accomplished in the conference since Chattanooga won eight straight titles from 1978-1985. ETSU won its quarterfinal and semifinal match, 4-0.
- Furman avenged a 4-3 loss to Mercer in last year’s semifinals with a 4-1 win over the Bears on Saturday. The Paladins are playing in their fourth championship match in the last five years. Mercer also defeated the Paladins (4-3) during the 2018 regular season.
- ETSU and Furman will meet in the championship match for the fifth time after playing each other in 2001, 2002, 2015 and 2016. The Bucs hold a 3-1 advantage in championship match meetings.
- ETSU took the regular season match 5-2 over the Paladins in Greenville, S.C., but Furman holds the advantage in the overall series with a 21-17 record.
- Furman is seeking its first tournament title since the 2009 season and its 15th overall. ETSU currently ranks third all-time with 10 tournament crowns. Chattanooga is the only other SoCon men’s program with at least ten tournament wins, as the Mocs have won 12 tournament titles.
-Should ETSU win on Sunday, it would be the fifth straight year that the regular season champion has also won the tournament.
- Sunday's championship will be played indoors at McCallie School due to rain.