Macon, Ga. –
No. 1 ETSU 4, No. 8 The Citadel 0
No. 4 Wofford, No. 5 Samford 3
No. 6 Mercer 4, No. 3 Chattanooga 1
No. 2 Furman 4, No. 7 UNCG 0
- ETSU and Furman advanced to the semifinals with identical 4-0 wins. The win over The Citadel marks the fifth consecutive year ETSU has advanced to the semifinals with a 4-0 win while Mercer advances past the quarterfinals for the third consecutive year.
- Wofford’s thrilling 4-3 win over Samford is the Terriers first appearance in the semifinals since 2016. In that meeting, also against ETSU, Wofford fell 4-0 to the top-seeded Bucs. Wofford is seeking its first championship appearance in program history.
- ETSU is seeking its fifth straight appearance in the championship match, while Furman has advanced to four of the last five.
- For the third year in a row, Mercer and Furman will square off in the semifinal round. Furman took last year’s meeting 4-1. The Paladins claimed a 4-2 win in the regular season matchup this season.
- Mercer, the host school, is the lowest seed to advance to the semifinals since Wofford in 2015. The Terriers were also a No. 6 seed.