* Southern Conference game
ESPN3 and ESPN+ are available on Roku
Nexstar affiliates for Ingles SoCon Game of the Week
• Four league games comprise the Southern Conference schedule on Saturday.
• Furman downed Chattanooga 35-20 on Nov. 2 to move into sole possession of first place in the SoCon standings at 5-1. Wofford, which fell to defending FBS champion Clemson in nonconference action, is a half-game back at 4-1 in SoCon play.
• Furman returned to the top 10 in the national polls this week, moving up four spots to No. 9 in the AFCA FCS Coaches’ Top 25 and jumping three to No. 10 in the STATS FCS poll. Wofford dropped three spots to No. 23 in the AFCA poll and one spot to No. 24 in the STATS rankings.
• Western Carolina picked up its first league win of the season on Oct. 2, getting a career-best 247 all-purpose yards and two touchdowns from running back Donnavan Spencer and 322 passing yards and three TDs from quarterback Tyrie Adams in the 43-35 win at VMI.
• With a 4-for-4 effort in a 31-27 win at ETSU, Citadel senior kicker Jacob Godek pushed his streak to 100 consecutive made point-after attempts, becoming just the fourth player in the SoCon history to reach the milestone.
• Bulldog wide receiver Raleigh Webb had two catches for 107 yards and a touchdown in the win, giving him three 100-yard receiving games on the season, the most for a Citadel player since Andre Roberts had seven in 2008.
• Chattanooga freshman Ailym Ford ran for 179 yards on 21 carries in the Mocs’ loss to Furman, turning in his sixth 100-yard game of the season and fifth straight. The six 100-yard games matches UTC’s freshman record and is tied for third in SoCon history. With 1,078 rushing yards on the season, Ford is seventh in SoCon history for rushing yards by a freshman and is just 12 yards back of the school record set by Mike Smith in 1977.
• VMI running back Alex Ramsey ran for 143 yards and three TDs in the loss to Western Carolina, pushing his season rushing touchdown total to 20, one back of a spot in the top 10 in SoCon history.
• VMI quarterback Reece Udinski saw his FCS-record streak of consecutive passes without an interception come to an end against the Catamounts. Udinski’s 25th pass of the day was picked off, ending his streak at 368 passes without an INT. Udinski’s streak was good for the FCS single-season and career records.
• With Wofford’s loss at Clemson snapping its five-game winning streak, The Citadel, which is idle this weekend, now has the longest active streak in the league at four games. No other team has currently won more than two straight.
• Mercer earned a 36-33 win over Samford in triple overtime on Oct. 2, getting 130 rushing yards from Tyray Devezin, who matched the school record with four rushing TDs.
• The overtime game was Samford’s fourth of the season, matching the SoCon record for OT games in a year first achieved by Georgia Southern in 2008. The Bulldogs are 1-3 in such contests this year.
• Samford’s John Staton and Mercer’s Sidney Otiwu had 22 and 21 tackles, respectively, in the contest. Staton’s career-best total leads the FCS this season, while Otiwu’s is tied for second and is a school record.
Citadel's Eubanks, ETSU's Smith added to Buchanan Award watch list (11/7/19)
Furman ninth in first FCS Committee rankings (11/6/19)
VMI's Ramsey added to Payton Award watch list (11/6/19)
Furman's Sisson named General Shale Student-Athlete of the Week (11/6/19)
Chattanooga's Ford named to Rice Award watch list (11/5/19)
SoCon announces players of the week presented by GEICO (11/4/19)
Saturday's football roundup (11/2/19)