The Citadel picked up the doubles point for a 1-0 early lead.
The Cougars got on the board with a 6-2, 6-1 win from Player of the Year Or Dekel at No. 1 singles. Ashok Ramachandra picked up CofC’s second point at the No. 5 position, 6-1, 6-3 over Derek Jose.
The Cougars advance to the semifinals where they will meet No. 2 Furman on Saturday, April 22 at 10:30 p.m. at the
1. Eason/Dossetor (CIT) def. Dekel/Digliodo (CofC) 8-2
2. Lara/Sawmynaden (CIT) def. Abramovich/Reynolds (CofC) 8-5
3. Petit/Malina (CofC) def. King/Jose (CIT) 8-3
1. Or Dekel (CofC) def. Danny Dossetor (CIT), 6-2, 6-1
2. Marcus Digliodo (CofC) vs. Ananda Sawmynaden (CIT), DNF
3. Justin Malina (CofC) vs. James Eason (CIT), DNF
4. Omer Abramovich (CofC) def. David Lara (CIT), 6-1, 6-4
5. Ashok Ramachandra (CofC) def. Derek Jose (CIT), 6-1, 6-3
6. Alex Quillis (CofC) def. Martin King (CIT), 1-6, 6-4, 6-0
#2 Furman 4, #7 Appalachian State 0
CHARLESTON, S.C. – Second seeded Furman defeated #7 Appalachian State Friday in the quarterfinals of the Southern Conference Championships hosted by The Citadel at the Farmfield Tennis Center.
The win improves Furman’s record to 18-10 with Appalachian State completing their season 11-10.
Furman won the doubles point with wins at No. 1 and No. 3 positions. Greg Maarschalk and Ben Pauhluhn topped Ryan Brookshaw and Andrew Taylor 8-3 at No. 1 doubles. Andy Juc and Scott Kahler clinched the doubles point with an 8-3 win over Alex Probst and Robert Hogewood.
Pauluhn and Juc picked up wins at No. 1 and No. 2 singles, giving Furman a 3-0 lead in the match. Bo Ladyman clinched the match for the Paladins with a 6-2, 6-1 win over Andrew Waters.
The Paladins advance to the semifinals where they will meet the winner of The Citadel/College of
#2 Furman 4, #7 Appalachian State 0
1) Maarschalk/Pauhluhn (FUR) def. Brookshaw/Taylor (ASU), 8-3
2) Brian Crook/Ladyman (FUR) vs. Dimitrov/Waters (ASU), DNF
3) Juc/Scott Kahler (FUR) def. Probst/Hogewood (ASU) 8-3
1) Ben Pauluhn (FUR) def. Alex Probst (ASU), 6-2, 6-3
2) Andy Juc (FUR) def. Ryan Brookshaw (ASU), 6-1, 6-1
3) Greg Maarschalk (FUR) vs. Dimitar Dimtirov (ASU), DNF
4) Bo Ladyman (FUR) def. Andrew Waters (ASU), 6-2, 6-1
5) Daniel Knause (FUR) vs. Andrew Taylor (ASU), DNF
6) Chris Gilli (FUR) vs. Robert Hogewood (ASU), DNF
Wofford won the doubles point with wins at No. 2 and No. 3. Alex Frizdon and Michael Barber defeated Andy Stubbs and Chris Barlow 8-6 at the No. 2 position. At No. 3 doubles, Jeff Muthig and Scott Collins teamed up for an 8-6 win over Badr bouabdellah and Artyom Vlasenko.
The Mocs advance to the semifinals where they will meet No. 1 Elon on Saturday, April 22 at 8:30 p.m. at the
1. Bales/Fynn (UTC) def. Stubbs/Barlow (WOF), 8-5
2. Frizdon/Barber (WOF) def. Hangstefer/Fitzgerald 8-6
3. Muthig/Collins (WOF) def. Bouabdellah/Vlasenko (UTC) 8-6
1. Andrew Stubbs (WOF) def. Ryan Fiztgerald (UTC) , 6-3, 6-2
2. Artyom Vlasenko (UTC) def. Chris Barber (WOF) 6-4, 7-6 (1)
3. Badr Bouabdellah (UTC) def. Alex Frizdon (WOF), 6-2, 6-0
4. Mark Fynn (UTC) def. Richard Cahi (WOF) 7-6, 6-4
5. Razvan Axente (UTC) vs. Scott Collins (WOF) DNF
6. Josh Bales (UTC) def. Michael Barber (WOF) 7-6, 6-2
#1 Elon 4, #8 Davidson 0
The Phoenix’ #2 doubles team of Sebastian Bredburg and Kevin Colin topped Phillip Compeau and Joe Chaney 8-5, while the #3 pairing of Anuwat Dalodom and Gustaf Asplund picked up an 8-3 victory to clinch the doubles point for the Phoenix.
In singles play, #2 Anuwat Dalodom defeated Daniel Bermeo 6-2, 6-2, while Sebastian Bredburg picked up a 6-4, 6-0 victory at the No. 3 position. Gustaf Asplund clinched the match at the #4 position, as he garnered a 7-6, 6-0 win over Scott Myers to give Elon the 4-0 victory
#1 Elon 4, #8 Davidson
1) Simihaian/Jaffee (DAV) def. Gooch/Fenn (ELON), 8-6
2) Bredburg/Colin (ELON) def. Joe Cheaney/Phillip Compeau (DAV), 8-5
3) Dalodom/Asplund (ELON) def. Bermeo/Hartman (DAV), 8-3
1) Damon Gooch (ELON) vs. Flaviu Simihaian (DAV), DNF
2) Anuwat Dalodom (ELON) def. Daniel Bermeo (DAV), 6-2, 6-2
3) Sebastian Bredburg (ELON) def. Ethan Jaffee (DAV), 6-4, 6-0
4) Gustaf Asplund (ELON) def. Scott Myers (DAV), 7-6, 6-0
5) Austin Fenn (ELON) vs. Jay Chitty (DAV), DNF
6) Kevin Colin (ELON) vs. Matt Hartman (DAV), DNF