CHARLESTON, S.C. – The 29th-ranked Citadel women’s rifle team took on No. 15 Jacksonville State in a head-to-head match at the Inouye Marksmanship Center Sunday morning. The Gamecocks took the match with an aggregate score of 4623, while the Bulldog women posted an aggregate score of 3639.
The highest finisher for the Bulldogs was freshman Demi Perez with an aggregate score of 1057.
- Jacksonville State swept the top six individual spots in three-position smallbore to start the morning, led by Sam Payne's 573.
- Seniors Tierra Price and Victoria Krone were the top finishing Bulldogs in smallbore. Price fired off a seventh-place 511 and Krone finished with an eighth-place 504.
- Perez broke the 500-point mark with a ninth-best 502.
- Jacksonville State swept the top six individual spots led by Mackenzie VanPatten's 589.
- Perez was the top finishing Bulldog with a seventh-place 555.
- Price finished second on the team with an eighth-place 544.
- Krone was third on the team with a 519.
- Freshman Taylor Swiger wrapped up the Bulldogs' effort with a 504.
The Bulldogs will close out the Fall 2019 portion of the season next weekend, traveling to Jacksonville, Alabama where they will once again take on the Gamecocks on Saturday, Nov. 9.