Oct. 17 (Thursday)
*ETSU at Chattanooga (ESPN+), 7 p.m.
* Southern Conference game
ESPN3 and ESPN+ are available on Roku
Nexstar affiliates for this week's Ingles SoCon Game of the Week
• A week after five league teams were idle, four Southern Conference games are on deck for this week, including ETSU visiting Chattanooga on Thursday. Wofford hosts Western Carolina on Saturday in the Ingles SoCon Game of the Week.
• Wofford has won three straight since an 0-2 start to the season to sit just one game out of first place in the league at 2-1 in SoCon play. The Terriers have won three straight against Western Carolina and 18 of the last 22 in the series.
• Catamount quarterback Tyrie Adams had 297 yards of total offense in a 35-17 loss at The Citadel on Oct. 12, running for 87 yards and a touchdown and throwing for 210 yards and a TD.
• Despite being idle last week, Furman rose three spots in the national polls to No. 8 in both the AFCA and STATS rankings, good for the Paladins’ highest ranking since finishing No. 7 in 2006. VMI and Wofford are receiving votes in both polls.
• The Keydets won their second straight on Oct. 12, downing Samford 48-41 in overtime to improve to 4-3. The four wins are VMI’s most since going 4-7 in 2008, while the Keydets are over .500 at the latest point in the season since sitting 6-5 entering the final week of their 2003 campaign.
• VMI’s Alex Ramsey rushed for 163 yards and a career-best six touchdowns in the win over the Bulldogs, matching the SoCon record for rushing TDs and earning STATS FCS National Offensive Player of the Week honors.
• VMI quarterback Reece Udinski has yet to throw an interception this season, as he is 192-for-298 for 2,051 yards and 13 TDs. Udinski has already set SoCon records for consecutive passes without an interception in a season and in a career and sits just 44 back of the FCS season and career records of 342 set by Portland State’s Jimmy Blanchard in 1999.
• When The Citadel visits first-place Furman on Saturday, the squads will be meeting for the 99th time. The teams first met in 1913 and have played each year since 1946.
• In its 35-17 win over Western Carolina, The Citadel got five total touchdowns from quarterback Brandon Rainey, who ran for 87 yards and two touchdowns and threw for 73 yards and three more scores. Clay Harris ran for 154 yards in the win.
• Like Furman, Chattanooga is also undefeated in SoCon play, at 2-0. The Mocs have run for 625 yards over their last two games, their most in consecutive games since totaling 671 from Sept. 7-14, 2013.
• ETSU defensive back Artevius Smith has intercepted passes in each of his last three games.
• Mercer is 4-1 against VMI, its opponent this Saturday. The Bears have averaged 48.5 points in the last two games in the series after earning a 33-30, overtime win in 2016 to begin their current three-game win streak over the Keydets.
• Former Samford quarterback and current Pittsburgh Steeler Devlin Hodges earned his first professional start Sunday, becoming the first former SoCon player to start at QB in the NFL since former Marshall star Chad Pennington in 2010. Hodges was the Walter Payton Award winner last season.