RALEIGH, N.C. – The ETSU women’s tennis team took on the #37 ranked NC State Wolfpack on the road at the J.W. Isenhour Tennis Center on Wednesday night. The Bucs fell 6-1 to Wolfpack to drop to a 3-5 record.
In doubles action, #12 ranked Anna Rogers and Claudia Wiktorin took the first match for the Wolfpack. Alejandra Morales and Andrea Pascua-Larrinaga evened out the doubles point with a 6-1 win, but Yi Chi Ma and Melissa Esguerra fell to Bianca Moldovan and Adriana Reami 6-4, as the Wolfpack would pull away with the doubles point.
Ioanna Markesini (Athens, Greece) took on #113 Anna Rogers at the No. 1 slot, but was defeated 6-1, 6-0. The Wolfpack kept things going with a 6-1, 6-1 win at the No. 3 slot. Claudia Wiktorin, who is ranked #94 defeated Andrea Pascual-Larrinaga (Basauri, Spain). To win their third straight singles point, Melissa Esguerra (Derrimutt, Australia) fell 6-1, 6-0 to Bianca Moldovan. NC State took back-to-back wins in the No. 5 and No. 6 slots, but Alory Pereira (Sao Paulo, Brazil) took the lone match for the Bucs. Pereira put up a battle with a 6-4, 1-6, 11-9 win to defeat Adriana Reami.
The Bucs will return home to Johnson City this Friday, Feb. 23 when they host Miami (OH). The match will be played outside at the Mullins Tennis Complex on campus, which is located next to the football stadium. First serve is set for 2:00 p.m.
- #113 Anna Rogers (ST) def. Ioanna Markesini (ETSUW) 6-1, 6-0 2
- Alory Pereira (ETSUW) Adriana Reami (ST) 6-4, 1-6, 1-0 (11-9)
- #94 Claudia Wiktorin (ST) def. A. Pascual-Larrinaga (ETSUW) 6-1, 6-1 4
- Bianca Moldovan (ST) def. Melissa Esguerra (ETSUW) 6-1, 6-0
- Taylor Bridges (ST) def. Alejandra Morales (ETSUW) 7-5, 6-3
- Tayla Stenta (ST) def. Esther Guemes (ETSUW) 6-1, 6-4
- #12 Anna Rogers/Claudia Wiktorin (ST) def. Alory Pereira/Ioanna Markesini (ETSUW) 6-0 2.
- Bianca Moldovan/Adriana Reami (ST) def. Yi Chi Ma/Melissa Esguerra (ETSUW) 6-4
- Alejandra Morales/A. Pascual-Larrinaga (ETSUW) def. Taylor Bridges/Tayla Stenta (ST) 6-1 Order of finish: Doubles (1,3,2); Singles (1,3,4,6,5,2)