MACON, Ga. –
No. 1 Furman 4, No. 8 Chattanooga 0
No. 2 ETSU 5, No. 7 Western Carolina 0
No. 3 Wofford 4, No. 6 Mercer 0
No. 5 Samford 4, No. 4 UNCG 1
- Furman and Wofford each advanced to the semifinals with 4-0 wins. The Paladins have advanced out of the quarterfinals with 4-0 wins the past four years while the Terriers advance to the semifinal round for the first time in program history.
- With the win, Furman has advanced to the semifinals every year since the tournament moved to the individual format in 1998.
- Samford has reached the semifinals in each of the last six tournaments. Bucs have advanced to the semifinals every year since rejoining the league. ETSU has also advanced to the championship match every year since rejoining.
- It is the first time in seven years that the higher seed hasn’t advanced to the semifinals. The previous six years, the four highest seeds claimed spots in the semis.
- Though it is Wofford’s first time advancing to the semifinal round, it is the fifth straight year the combination of ETSU, Furman and Samford have been included.
- Furman is looking to win its third consecutive SoCon championship. ETSU has made it to the championship the last two seasons, falling to Furman in both, and last won in 2016, 4-0 over Samford. Samford downed ETSU the previous year (2015).