ETSU women's basketball player Britney Snowden & Dr. Mike Ramsey
About Britney Snowden:
- Senior women's basketball player
- 6-0 forward
- Exercise science major
About Dr. Ramsey:
- Chair, Department of Sport, Exercise, Recreation, and Kinesiology
- Owns a B.S. in Psychology/Kinesiology and an M.A. in Exercise Physiology from Sam Houson State University and a PhD in Exercise Physiology fromTexas A&M University
- 23rd year teaching, 14th at ETSU
Britney Snowden and Dr. Ramsey.
Q&A with Britney Snowden:
- What makes Dr. Ramsey a good teacher? Dr. Ramsey doesn’t lack a quality that makes being a good teacher. He goes above and beyond for his students and no one is left behind. From day one, there has never been a problem in the student-professor relationship we have. I am able to consult with him at any given time in relation to the course of exercise science. He is very knowledgeable and able to teach further than his course, which helps when other professors leave things up for question.
- What do you like most about Dr. Ramsey's class? I like that Dr. Ramsey has personality and a sense of humor while teaching. His approach to his every day lesson lightens up the workload in the course. He teaches us to gain knowledge while covering certain material! I also like that he attempts to gain a relationship with students so that we are comfortable to meet him with extra questions to gain a better understanding.
- What is something you’re involved in outside of class and sports that we may not know? I currently intern in our athletic training room in my free time. I'm doing this to get my bachelors degree and gain hands on experience within the field. I also watch other athletes when they compete to give support. I believe by doing so they will support us!
- How do you manage academics, athletics and a social life? What is your key to good time management? Many athletes live up to the name student-athlete! I put school first and basketball follows very closely. I prioritize my life. Currently, I attend class and make sure all my homework and school-related activities get completed around practice. After that, I go to the gym and help teammates so that our team can grow as a whole! With the small amount of time left in my day, I check social media.
- What’s your favorite spot on campus? I love to eat, so my first spot is the Culp, ETSU's community center, for food! My favorite hangout areas are the training room and locker room. There’s also a couch nearby for a bit of rest!
- What are your plans post grad? I plan to further my education and spread my knowledge of the game of basketball following graduation.
Q&A with Dr. Ramsey:
- What was it like having Britney in your class? Britney was great in class. She participated in class discussions and did a very good job helping lead small group activities. If she did not understand a concept, she was not afraid to ask. It was clear that Britney cared about her education.
- What is your favorite sport or hobby? What do you like to do in your free time? My favorite sport to play was basketball, but I also was a competitive cyclist. I like hiking, cycling, and playing guitar.
- How often are you able to watch your student-athletes compete? As much as I can! I am a season ticket holder for women’s basketball at ETSU.
- What’s your favorite spot on campus? The Quad area in front of Brooks Gymnasium. I like to eat lunch out there when the weather is nice.
- What is your favorite thing about teaching? Helping students be successful. I had some amazing faculty that cared about me during my education, even when I wasn’t the best student, so I am I trying to pay that forward to the next generation.
About Classroom Connections: Classroom Connections is a new, bi-weekly feature that showcases student-athletes away from the playing field and highlights the relationship between student-athlete and professor.